Saturday 18 January 2014

Every gallery should be on the street!!


My desk is set up in the window with a little sign explaining who I am, people pass all day, some wave some have  a cheeky glance and some come in to chat!! I watch people looking at the art through the corner of my eye and it is so inspiring!

I have finished the Peel Park Pub and it has taken its place in the city. I have also added Richard the window cleaner and yesterday photographed Dave the street cleaner who passes throughout the day and gives me a little wave he said the work reminds him of the old 3D cameras, which blew my mind! The people passing love it and recognise their city and its stories, its really inspiring.

They have also finally started building work on the big hole hat was dug in the middle of Bradford about ten years ago, my city sits opposite the new building site in all its glory. Yesterday I invited the developers to come and look at it!!

I also began photographing the cities betting shops, I have never seen so many, one block alone had five its strange how these places thrive in poorer towns! I have put these photographs into photoshop and today I am going to build them into little shrines so the betters can use them to morn for their lost money! I am unsure how I am going to get them into the betting shops yet! Watch this space!!


The Pub
Dave!!


Betting Shop's the new place of worship!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment